Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Internet Problems?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Problems?

    You have a box, just like cable, though the connection runs through phone line instead of through cable. Though it goes through your phone line, your phone can still be used, unlike with dial up. Verizon DSL in this area is very good, I dont think mine has had any downtime in over 2 years and i think its cheaper. Also, your download speeds will be around 1/5 of a megabyte per second. Thats blazing fast, 200K per sec. Cant beat that for a cheaper price and with no downtime either.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Problems?

    I'm not even sure what I'm paying for internet service. I think it is $42.00 or something like that.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Problems?

    I believe Verizons new deal is 29 a month with a free wireless router(means you can hook up more then one computer and if you have a laptop with a wireless card you dont have to hook it up at all"...one year committment though.

    In 2 years I have just went down once, and that wanst Verizon's fault some dummy drilled through a cable over in Appy town and half the towns phone service was down.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Problems?

    I don't mind the year as long as it is good service. I don't mind that price either. Beats 40 something.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Problems?

    I think they have great service. Never had a problem, any time I called their tech support they always answered my questions good.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Problems?

    I will be calling them bright and early in the AM. I appreciate all the help, all of you. Thanks
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Problems?

    My Adelphia is doing fine, just trun off computer, unplug modem, and let it set for a while, then hook it back up and restart.

    I get 300-400 kbs,I have done some tuning on mine though.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •